Sunday 15 February 2015

Step-By-Step Liquid Eyeliner Makeup Look - The Cat Eye!

 Konnichiwa Minna-san! I thought I would create a sort of step-by-step tutorial for liquid eyeliner, for those who find it awkward or a little intimidating. I will also be including a variety of liquid eyeliners that I recommend as well! 


1. Start from the center of the eye to estimate the thickness of the eyeliner band that you are looking for.   



2. Draw a steadily thinner line on the inner corner and do this in short flicks, instead of drawing the line all at once. This will reduce the chances of messing the line up.


3. Draw a line out to the outer corner of the eye and extend it into a sharp line as far as you want. This will be how far your cat eye will reach. Connect the line with another shorter line from the bottom outer corner of the eye. This will create a outline of a triangle with a blank spot in the middle.


4. Fill in the triangle and proceed to fix any mistakes or thicken the line more if you wish. After all this is only a small guide, after which you can play around with all types of styles and thicknesses.  



5. That's you finished! It can be hard to get used too, but after a while it will seem like second nature. 

Some people will find different applicators more easier to use than others, for people who are starting out I would recommend a sponge-tip as it can give you more control over your movements. However it mostly makes your lines quite thick, which can be an issue. Gel liner is very useful as a stepping stone between pencil and liquid liners, as the formula is a bit stiffer and easier to control. I personally find a thin hair-like applicator much easier as you can get the flicks very thin and precise.

Eye liner: Urban Decay 24/7 Liquid Liner - Perversion 


I hope you liked this tutorial Minna-san! ♥ 
If you have any requests for a tutorial or review then please contact me on any of my social media pages and I will get back to you ASAP (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

Sayonara!!! xxx

You can find updates on my posts from my Social Media pages:




No comments:

Post a Comment